Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stuck in my office since Christmas...

Screen_shot_2011-03-23_at_9
If you recal a few months back or follow my twitter feed at all, you might remember that we have taken on quite a different roll here at YWAM Salems Communications Dept...it started with a massive Network and Sever overhaul, and to be honest it still makes me scared. Scared for a few reasons, 1.  I am not a huge Computer Nerd.  Yeah I sit infront of a computer day in and day out sometimes (ok, a lot lately) and I think thats why people think that I am great with computers.  Frankly this is why I use a Mac...it just works.  I don't have to know what a bunch of stuff is...it. just. works. So, all that to say, its been running and been much smoother then I imagined.  I have learned a few things about being a network administrator and also setting up and running a server.  Almost all of this has been done by Josh Brown (@joshuab86) the stuff I have learned has been through osmosis (aka Josh talking through the problems, and me nodding my head in confusion.)  Well, Josh is gone now.  He is on outreach with a team in India and Nepal. So, now I am stuck here as a network administrator not knowing a lick about networks....just a little scared.  This summer when we have over 400 people on base at one time wanting to use the internet....yeah....just a little scared.

So, the whole time Josh has been working on that I am have been re creating the base promo material.  I am not all the way finished with it but I am done with a good chunk of it.  Most of this is me messing around with things I am learning on tutorials online and some others are directions from the people I am designing it for.  Its been a huge learning experience, almost being locked in my office through the weeks, but now I have a good set of designs I have been able to put together.  Here are a few samples of what I have done.

 

In other news, I have been accepted to our upcoming TESOL...again excited and scared about this...first off, its English and Grammer....thats though enough as it is.  Second off ITS ENGLISH and Grammer!  Plus I haven't put together classrooms and lesson plans in, well, ever!  The Way that I look at it is I am doing this for a month straight...then it will get me into countries I want to go.  Its another tool in my belt of "Yeah, I can do that!"  Heres hoping!  One month of streaching my brain in areas it hasn't been used in years!  

Speaking of TESOL its going to cost me some money.  I know this is something God has laid on my heart to do and don't understand exactly why I am doing this way but I am here.  The normal price is $1000 bones.  Since I live here on the base and am already paying money for houseing the price is cut in half...that brings it to.....carry the one...$500 bones.  All that means is thats $500 bucks I don't have so I am going to be emailing and calling a lot of people to ask for some money.  This doesn't mean I think you have gobs and gobs of money I figured if I have every person on facebook give me one dollar I could have 983 dollars...just like that.  Granted not everyone who is on facebook is an actual person (business and ministries) but there is a good percentage there.  Class starts on the 4th of April and ends on the 30th I believe.  Its going to be great.

Ok...enough for now.

 

2 comments:

  1. lin most representative coach bags romantic landmarks, holding the Eiffel Tower in Paris are top Dior cane case grain coach bags, half took New Coach Wallets longings, half took the om anxiously distance. Now fortunately helicopters COACH SHOES to deliver timely only survived, film last Cotillard wearing a long dress skirt appear in his boyfriend's room entrance. The Coach Flats entire film, Dior coach are always accompany in Coach Heels Cotillard around, like a charms, help her huaxianweiyi.This series are Coach High Heels Rouge, the second stop in New York to unveil. Annie Leibovitz by plane Coach Sandals advertising photography, film clip also special present a Franz Ferdinand for Cotillard by which songs. In that first Cotillard called "The Eye of Mars" sings, "if I don't sing, my heart will be none that knows." Marion Cotillard Coach Sneakers plays a film with dual identity women, night incarnated into America laguna Broadway singers, use the most bright color and individual character light city sky, allow your desire diffuse in the boundless night Rouge is her silent, are the coach outlet online declaration. The paragraph in the film, Dior coach bags are the symbol, lozenge

    ReplyDelete