Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dreams and Missions

The last few days have been something I could never had dreamed in a long time...First off...I actually enjoyed myself at a missions convention....kind of weird. I went there with a two part reason.
1. To see/meet old friends. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of this whole week....kind of sad. And,
2. To actually learn something of what is going on in the "World of Christian Missions."
I made a few different contacts this last week that I will be stirring around for a while in my head to figure out what do to with them.
Honestly, there was so much information thrown out at this convention that it was like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant.

A lot of good things came out of this weekend though. Jeremy and Keri Brown along with Katelynne came to the conference in Portland and were able to come with their friends down to the base here in Salem and experience all that I have been doing the last 2 years. I'll tell you what, having them here was a blast from the past for sure and, they left me wondering if what had happened was real or not. Its always different when someone from "home" visit and see what your doing. To actually experience with them what your dreams are is just amazing. To do that in the physical, so cool. Thank you guys for coming.

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to display my photos in a "mini convention" held here at the base to show people exactly what we are doing here and overseas as well.
I had my own booth to show my work and display all the things that I want to see happen just in my own little ministry...good times. Some photos are finally framed and I have an idea of better ways to do things next time. It was a great crash course. And I can't wait to see what is around the next corner.

Its late and I was going to post some photos that I just took but I think that will come next time...maybe.

But the photo at the top was taken during Christmas in Vegas...my Uncle and I went down to feed the homeless...good times filled with people from all over the world and burning the tips of your fingers on coffee.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment