Thursday, November 16, 2006

So I am home for a few.


I have been home for a few days now and it has been...alright. Much better than the last time I came back. I have been able to at least start a little bit of Support Raising. My only problem is there is honestly too little time. This last week started out with me Speaking at Chi Alpha and then doing some other "Speaking Gigs" if thats what you want to call it. And so I just played games with these different groups and tried to speak life into the groups that I spoke with. It was alot of fun but I know I was way out of my element...I need alot of refining.
So I few home this last week...that was a suprise. I was gong to get a bus ticket but I found a plane ticket online for 2 dollars more. That was awesome. I flew to Denver for the first time. I really wanted to go into the City and see a few people but time didn't allow it. I did take this picture in the airport though. I have always taken the pictures in airport corridors...I kind of like them. Just the look of them some times is what I like. Sometimes they are large walk ways that are filled with people and other times they are dead. Nobody ever looks at each other to engage in conversation because they are too afraid. Last year I made what seemed like a weird promise to my friend Trent, that promise has opened up so many doors to talk to people, to engage in their lives and offer what I have to them. Here in America I read that it was rude to talk in elevators. How many times do you find yourself in an elevator just staring at the door waiting impatiently for it to open? I promised I would be "rude" and start talking to someone everytime I found myself in that situation. Sooo. Thanks T-Rent I can't wait to see you here in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. I can see how it is rude to talk to someone in an elevator -- if other people are around then they have to listen to you and the other person. If it's just you and an other person in an elevator, then I can't see how just saying "hello" would be rude.

    Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's rude to talk even if others are "forced" to listen... It isn't like they have to take the elevator. And since when is talking to others so confrontational that it is offensive to listen? I don't like that our society is slowly accepting this blatantly nonsocial lifestyle. Way to stick to your promise Ryguy.
    I've found that most people will be happy to make small-talk in elevators, and a few simply will only say "Hi."
    Most of my elevator rides are fairly short though, only 3 or 4 floors.

    ReplyDelete